NEW YORK, USA
The New York regional office of Grace Hotels is now recruiting for a Cluster IT Engineer, responsible for providing IT service management and support to Group regional offices and hotel properties. This role reports to the IT Director.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate recent direct experience in a similar role, ideally within a hospitality environment, and must understand the key systems and processes needed to support the IT function within an international luxury hospitality company.
Main duties will include:
- Supporting hotel guests in Connecticut, Rhode Island and Maine, and the Americas regional office team in New York, ensuring smooth and stable IT operations
- Supporting all group IT systems and applications to ensure a smooth and stable IT operation
- Monitoring, testing and troubleshooting hardware, operating system, and software problems
- Ensuring a good relationship with vendors and support providers
- Responsibility for all IT assets
- Responsibility for system backups, recovery and business continuity
- Implementing and maintaining all Grace Hotels Brand and IT Standards and security policies
- Ensuring that the appropriate systems and controls are in place to secure company data
- Ensuring up-to-date and complete technical documentation of all systems and procedures
- Developing local support analysts and property technicians at our locations around the world
Main Technologies include:
- Oracle Hospitality Opera and POS
- Alcatel IP Telephony
- Windows server environments
- VMware environments
- Office 365
- Microsoft Enterprise Security
- Cisco Networking equipment
- Ubiquity Networking equipment
- WatchGuard Firewalls
- Active Directory and Domain Services
- Exchange 2013/2016
- Windows Patching and Auditing
- Image and Backup deployments
- Mobile Device Management
The successful candidate must be flexible to travel to all locations within the group as needed. Since hotel operations are a 24/7 business, an element of weekend work and out-of-hours work may be needed from time to time.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree with a specialization in an IT discipline, and a minimum 2 years of IT support experience, preferably in a hospitality environment.
We offer a comprehensive salary based on experience, a friendly work environment, and opportunities for career development within a dynamic group.
If you feel you are the right candidate and have the skills we are looking for, please forward send us your CV and a covering letter explaining why your skills and experience to date would make you suitable for this role. Please note that the letter is an important part of our review process and we will not be able to consider applications that do not contain this.
Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
While we are open to applications from international candidates, you will need to possess the right to live and work in the US, without the need for a company-sponsored work visa.