Between its museums, historical sites and beautiful beaches, Mykonos is a dream holiday destination. You will soon find there are plenty of activities available, but we have selected 5 that we feel you should not miss.
- Delos Island, combined with a visit to the uninhabited islands of Rehnia, where four pristine sandy beaches offer shelter from the buzzing Mykonos beach life. Visit the archaeological site and museum at Delos, where Mycenaean remains offer a unique insight into the history of this fascinating island, known as the birth place of Apollo.
- Little Venice is a romantic and pretty area close to the sea and best known for its quaint, medieval houses. This is the perfect spot to watch the sunset over a refreshing cocktail before sampling the Mykonos nightlife.
- Explore the streets of Mykonos town and the church of Paraportiani. Located in the centre of Chora, this church is a visual feast: a cluster of four smaller ones with indiscernible partitions. While away the afternoon meandering through the alleys filled with cosy boutiques, and look out for local resident Petros the pelican, who has enjoyed his status as island mascot for many years.
- Armenistis Lighthouse, built in 1891 and still in working order, offers stunning views from the top (accessible by a slightly rickety ladder). Continue north to the beaches of Fokos and Agios Sostis, which offer a calmness and tranquility reminiscent of Mykonos in days gone by.
- Full Moon parties are a must in Mykonos, and take place at the best night clubs around the island. Ask our team for information on upcoming parties.