Position Line Cook – Chef de Partie
Location The Mayflower Grace
Reports to Executive Chef
The Mayflower Grace a beautiful Relais & Chateaux hotel in Washington CT, is currently recruiting a talented Line Cook. Our ideal candidate is a team player, committed to providing outstanding culinary experiences and is passionate about fine dining. He/she will work with the kitchen brigade in every aspect of cooking from pastry to breakfast and hot line cooking.
• Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards according to portion standards, within specific time frame, as per check from servers.
• Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over prepare estimated needs.
• Date all food containers and rotate as per The Mayflower Grace standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
• Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set up. Note any out of stock items or possible shortages.
• Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover date all perishables.
• Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, control food waste, loss and usage as per The Mayflower Grace standards.
• Operate, maintain and properly clean all the kitchen equipment.
• Use safe food handling procedures and maintain a safe working environment by using proper food handling skills and food safety guidelines
• Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
• Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
The ideal candidate possesses a minimum of 3 years’ experience in food service/hospitality. Culinary Certificate or Degree preferred. Serve Safe Certification highly appreciated. Professional appearance and manner, good character to work in a fast-paced team. Positive, honest and energetic work ethic.
Ability to communicate clearly in English and to read the recipe cards. Able to work to a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, according to department needs. Must be able to stand for at least 8 hours and be able to lift up, push, and pull at least 50 pounds.
If you feel you are the right candidate and have the skills we are looking for, please forward your CV to email@example.com.
Kindly note that this is a full time permanent position and you must be eligible to work in the US.
Grace Hotels is an equal opportunity employer.