Grace Mayflower Inn & Spa is currently recruiting an experienced and motivated Director of Guest Services. The ideal candidate will organize, direct, and coordinate the work of front desk, bell, door, and concierge staff to maximize revenue and profit while attaining optimal guest satisfaction. The director of guest services will maximize financial performance, guest satisfaction, and staff development within established quality standards. Responsible for hiring, training and discipline of front office team.
- Organizes, directs, and coordinates the work of front desk, bell, door, and concierge staff to maximize revenue and profit while attaining optimal guest satisfaction.
- Provides his or her team with the resources to ensure guests’ satisfaction and ensures that the entire front desk department operates within the scope of a budget and well-defined management practices
- Responds to guests’ requests and concerns and accommodates groups to ensure guests are satisfied and provide repeat business
- Maintains reservations systems such as Yield Management System and Property Management System.
- Assists with incoming calls for room reservations
- Maintains product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints. Suggests and implements corrective actions.
- Creates an operating environment that assures consistent guest satisfaction. Ensures proper handling of guest complaints.
- Ensures implementation of appropriate technology solutions to increase customer service and hotel revenues.
- Ensures the efficient and effective operation of the Front Office departments.
- Able to inspire front desk staff to reach high levels of performance
- Supervises and motivates designated employees; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company’s policies, training programs, and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Understands the government regulations affecting hotel’s operations, ensuring hotel is operated in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, state or municipal authority.
- Ensures good safety practices of employees and guests, assisting in the maintenance of proper emergency and security procedures
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & KNOWELEDGE
Ideal candidate possesses a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in luxury hospitality. Hospitality Certificate or Degree preferred. Superior professional appearance and manner, good character to work in a fast-paced team. Attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented. Honest and energetic work ethic.
Excellent interpersonal, management, communication, and training skills are essential. Well groomed, able to maintain appropriate standards of discipline, hygiene, appearance, posture and attitude. Ability to relate to all levels of management, colleagues and guests. Positive attitude, team focus, enthusiasm, excellent customer service skills. Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality. Reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language are essential requirements.
Able to work on a flexible schedule, including week-ends and holidays, according to department needs.
We offer a comprehensive based on experience and full array of benefits.
If you feel you are the right candidate and have the skills we are looking for, please forward your CV to email@example.com
Kindly note that this is a full time permanent position and you must be eligible to work in the US.
Grace Hotels is an equal opportunity employer.